The employee experience has been an important consideration in the workforce for many years. Recently, however, technology has transformed how work gets done and even created a new element of employee experience—the digital employee experience.
Do you know how to use digital employee experience software to encourage employee satisfaction in the workplace?
What Is the Digital Employee Experience?
The digital employee experience refers to the interactions an employee has using technology within the workplace or to complete job functions. Digital employee experience examples would include items such as interacting electronically with coworkers or clients, online or software productivity tools, digital workflows, and digital onboarding and training.
Why the Digital Employee Experience Matters
If these interactions don’t take place face-to-face, why are they so important? For starters, many companies now offer remote job opportunities, where employees rarely meet in person. If the digital aspects are not designed for a positive employee experience, there are no other areas to make up for this deficit.
However, even in situations where the employees share a workspace, the digital experience is crucial to success and overall job satisfaction. Employee experience technology can facilitate communication, create more efficient workflows, and streamline processes. This leads to increased productivity and profit, improved employee retention, and greater satisfaction.
In contrast, when an employee faces technology issues, their work is slowed and frustration rises. Choosing the right (and effective) digital employee experience software is key in achieving positive results.
Creating a Digital Employee Experience Strategy
The first step in providing a positive digital employee experience is to create a digital employee experience strategy that works for your organization and staff. To achieve maximum effectiveness, you need to consider a few main areas of focus and include them in your strategy.
- Technology – Choose employee experience software that works with your current platforms, software, and products.
- People – Align your leadership and workers with appropriate roles and responsibilities, then make sure they have the tools they need to carry out assigned tasks.
- Processes – Evaluate current programs and processes and look for areas that can be improved, either with new training or new technology.
- Timeline – Decide when changes will be implemented and consider staggering additions to provide time for adjusting to each new tool.
Types of Digital Employee Experience Software
There are many types of digital employee experience software that can be used to enhance employee satisfaction. Most companies invest in the following:
- Training & Onboarding Platforms – Training employees and getting them started on the job can be done partially or completely with technology. Digital platforms allow for streamlined communication and transfer of information.
- Chat Apps – Chat apps can be used within the company as a way for employees to communicate with one another easily. They can also be used in customer service as a way for employees to resolve customer issues without meeting face-to-face.
- Task Managers – Easily keep track of everything you need to get done and receive reminders when needed.
How Tiled Microapps Complement Digital Employee Experience Software
Tiled microapps can be a great supplement to the employee experience software you’re already using:
- Use microapps from Tiled within a training platform.
- Share a microapp via email or chat app to gather RSVPs to an upcoming company event.
- Create a content library and make it available to your entire team, as well as make it accessible offline.
Tiled is a simple and streamlined way to create interactive digital experiences without sacrificing creative flexibility. Best of all, microapps can be shared across multiple channels to maximize communication and information transfer.
Microapps allow you to easily customize your web content with playbooks, slideshows, training, case studies, and more. Check out some of the uses our customers have found for Tiled microapps.
- Vivint Smart Home – Vivint Smart Home uses microapps to allow their sales team to share valuable information through immersive experiences, even when they are offline.
- HubSpot – HubSpot creates interactive content that enables them to conduct unified leadership training across the globe.
- Skullcandy – Skullcandy keeps its sales team up to speed on new products using engaging content.
Check Out Tiled Microapps for Yourself
Learn more about Tiled microapps and how they can enhance your digital employee experience software. Check out our blog for more details, use cases, and tips!