Interested in working with us? Check for open listings here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 5, 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
We get it. We’re devs too. You’re looking for a real software challenge solving real problems and keeping things interesting.You want to work with a team you get along with, where your voice will be heard, your experience is valued, and the code you write will have a real impact.
That’s Tiled. We’ve got a solid team and interesting projects you could work on from day 1.
To name a few specific examples:
1) We need to create a universal file format for the objects in our microapps that is as space efficient as possible. From there, we want to rewrite our core renderers on the web and our native apps to be blazing fast.
2) Interested in the Operational Transform algorithm? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_transformation) If so, we want to enable real-time editing within our microapp builder.
3) We’re looking to add robust Progressive Web App support. In solving this problem for our individual microapps, we’ll be at the bleeding edge of service workers and paving the way for custom app manifests.
This is a great opportunity (not that we’re biased) for a passionate engineer who wants to have a big impact on a growing company in an exciting start-up environment. You will participate in regular discussions ranging from development stand-ups to the high-level product roadmap and everything in between. Many opportunities to flex your big brain will present themselves and there will never be a shortage of new, exciting challenges for you to constantly improve your personal skill set. Collaboration is vital to our agile product lifecycle, where we actively measure our new features and changes. By consistently validating our ideas and rapidly prototyping we ensure that both our product and our team become stronger with each sprint.
Let’s do this! Are you the talented, collaborative senior engineer we’ve been looking to add to our development team? Along with the engaging technical challenges, Tiled also provides tremendous flexibility and work-life balance. With team member locations ranging from the bottom of the west coast in San Diego all the way up to the top in Seattle, our remote working sessions are a fundamental source of productivity and bonding.
Tiled office perks:
- Remote work flexibility
- Dog-friendly office policy
- Catered team lunches (weekly)
- Company retreats
- Dev team game time every Friday (Fortnite, Dota 2, Rocket League, etc.)
Qualified candidates will have experience with the following technologies:
- React Native
At least one of the following:
- Objective-C/Swift (iOS)
- Java/Kotlin (Android)
Tiled is a seed-stage, craft software company founded by the founder of Lucid Software (LucidChart). We are located in San Diego, with team members in Seattle, Portland and Utah. We are seeking employees that are self-motivated and proactive and thrive in an environment where there is always more to do than people available. We offer salary, benefits and stock option packages that are designed to align your opportunities for compensation with Tiled’s success.
Sound good? Want to talk? Send us an email to email@example.com, we can’t wait to meet you!