Posted July 9, 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Director of Tech Ops
What we do
Tiled enables non-developers to create interactive, rich content experiences that perform like native apps or fully coded websites. These content experiences, called “microapps”, drive engagement. Sales, marketing, customer success, training and recruiting organizations use microapps to drive engagement with their content.
Live demos of microapps built with Tiled
We get it. We’re devs too. You’re looking for real software challenges that solve problems and keep things interesting. You want to work with a team you get along with, where your voice will be heard, your experience is valued, and the code you write will have an impact.
That’s Tiled. We’ve got a solid team and interesting projects you could work on from day 1. You will help us with deployment strategies, containerization, uptime, observability, and security while designing and building out infrastructure and non-functional requirements in a scalable and maintainable way. Here are a few specific examples:
1) We need to containerize our entire stack so that it can be deployed in on-prem within the infrastructure of our existing clients. Nerd out with us as we refine and evolve our deployment and distribution to support a wide variety of ecosystems. Dig into solving scaling issues, perhaps with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes, and help us keep performance up as the company continues to grow.
2) Explore ways for us to utilize serverless computing. We currently use Lambda for on-the-fly image resizing but would love to hear your ideas.
3) Help us finalize our continuous delivery implementation for a few segments of our product. Refine existing build recipes and testing processes in our CI/CD system as we continue to move forward with our product delivery efforts.
This is a great opportunity (not that we’re biased) for a passionate engineer who wants to have a big impact on a growing company in an exciting start-up environment. You will participate in regular discussions ranging from development stand-ups to the high-level product roadmap and everything in between. Many opportunities to flex your brain will present themselves and there will never be a shortage of new, exciting challenges for you to constantly improve your personal skill set. Collaboration is vital to our agile product lifecycle, where we actively measure or new features and changes. By consistently validating our ideas and rapidly prototyping we ensure that both our product and our team become stronger with each sprint.
Let’s do this! Are you the talented, collaborative engineer at heart we’ve been looking to add to our team? Along with the engaging technical challenges, Tiled also provides tremendous flexibility and work-life balance. With team member locations ranging from the bottom of the west coast in San Diego all the way up to the top in Seattle, our remote working sessions are a fundamental source of productivity and bonding.
Tiled office perks
- Remote work flexibility
- Dog-friendly office policy
- Catered team lunches (weekly)
- Company retreats
- Dev team game time every Friday (Apex, Dota 2, Fortnite, Rocket League, etc.)
- Padres season tickets
- Tech conference tickets
Qualified candidates will have experience with the following technologies:
- Top 4 NFRs (Compliance, Security, Scalability, Observability)
- Production deployment and containerization
- AWS experience
- OS security patching
- Audit experience
Tiled is a seed-stage, craft software company founded by the founder of Lucid Software (LucidChart). We are located in San Diego, with team members in Seattle, Portland and Utah. We are seeking employees that are self-motivated and proactive and thrive in an environment where there is always more to do than people available. We offer salary, benefits and stock option packages that are designed to align your opportunities for compensation with Tiled’s success.
Heard of GitOps? Still here? Want to talk? Send us an email to email@example.com, we can’t wait to meet you!
About Tiled, Inc.
Our mission is to improve the way organizations communicate. Designed for medium and large enterprises with field and inside sales teams of 50 or more, Tiled enables presentations that are built for conversations. These interactive presentations (“MicroApps”) are easy to build, share and measure. Having already gained wide-scale adoption from multiple large organizations Tiled is poised to continue dominating the MicroApp space, by building off of the resulting revenue from our product’s success. Join us and help show the world how to quickly build custom, engaging experiences.