Posted July 3, 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: VP of Technology
What we do
Tiled enables non-developers to create interactive, rich content experiences that perform like native apps or fully coded websites. These content experiences, called “microapps”, drive engagement. Sales, marketing, customer success, training and recruiting organizations use microapps to drive engagement with their content.
Live demonstrations of microapps built with our platform
Celebrating Mr Rogers (mobile web)
We get it. There are hundreds of startups out there that are looking to change the world. But ask yourself honestly: how many will actually do so? At Tiled, we believe that building apps has, for too long, been an activity reserved for wizards that can cast spells of bits, bytes and code. We want to unleash this power to everyone with the microapp, regardless if they can code. If you could create an app without coding, what kind of app would you make to change the world?
Getting there won’t be easy and we need someone to work hand-in-hand with design, engineering, sales, customer success and our customers to ensure we are simultaneously delivering business value to our current customers while still driving towards our goal as a microapp platform. You will be in the weeds, writing tickets, specing features, measuring success and finally suggesting what should be prioritized next. We already have a roster of big names as clients and that list is growing by the day. Will you be the one that helps us unleash the power of app creation to everyone?
Along with the incredible diversity of challenges in reaching our vision, Tiled provides tremendous flexibility and work-life balance. With team member locations ranging from the bottom of the west coast in San Diego all the way up to the top in Seattle as well as Utah, our remote working sessions are a fundamental source of productivity and bonding.
Tiled office perks
- Remote work flexibility
- Dog-friendly office policy
- Catered team lunches (weekly)
- Company retreats
- Game time every Friday (Apex, Dota 2, Fortnite, Rocket League, etc.)
- Padres season tickets
- Tech conference tickets
Qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Vision Focused: Synthesizes a clear vision by talking to all stakeholders (inside the company along with our customers). Will push back when necessary (e.g. not caving to an unjustified request made from the VP of Tech or CEO). and at the same time, understands why certain priorities can get shuffled based on business objectives.
- Web + Mobile: Has shipped products on the web as well as mobile and can help the team maintain consistency across the entire product line.
- Scoping + Communication: Knows how to scope a feature to a proper level of detail and can wireframe flows. Works collaboratively between design and engineering and based on feedback, iterates on specification. Has a basic appreciation for engineering and design tradeoffs.
- Tech-focused + Creative Thinker: Understands other products in this space and can perform a competitive analysis on them. Has a keen eye towards new products and is constantly thinking about how they can be incorporated into Tiled.
- Agile: Understands agile, standup, sprints, retrospectives etc. and knows how to keep the team motivated.
- Metrics/data oriented: Uses empirical data to drive the product forward. Able to A/B test new features and measure success using any and all tools at their disposal (database queries, BI tools, etc.)
- High Bar for Quality: Cares about the quality of the features being put out and will work with engineering to test new features and get them to a robust, shippable state. Empathetic towards the user and understands how to build for them.
- Triage bugs: When bugs are submitted to the team, can work with others to triage the bug and prioritize.
- Understands the tradeoffs between the web and mobile worlds
- Has a technical background
Tiled is a seed-stage, craft software company founded by the founder of Lucid Software (LucidChart). We are located in San Diego, with team members in Seattle, Portland and Utah. We are seeking employees that are self-motivated and proactive and thrive in an environment where there is always more to do than people available. We offer salary, benefits and stock option packages that are designed to align your opportunities for compensation with Tiled’s success.
Still here? Want to talk? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can’t wait to meet you!
About Tiled, Inc.
Our mission is to improve the way organizations communicate. Designed for medium and large enterprises with field and inside sales teams of 50 or more, Tiled enables presentations that are built for conversations. These interactive presentations (“MicroApps”) are easy to build, share and measure. Having already gained wide-scale adoption from multiple large organizations Tiled is poised to continue dominating the MicroApp space, by building off of the resulting revenue from our product’s success. Join us and help show the world how to quickly build custom, engaging experiences.